Monday 14 July 2014

Leiden round 3

The weather has been lousy for a few days now so we have done only a limited amount of sightseeing.

Our first excursion to the north sea was uninspiring. We drove to Katwijk in the morning but somehow the grey bleak landscape did not inspire picture taking, not to mention the drizzle that made me worry about my camera.

We did not stay too long as I had a game to play at 1pm. 7...d5 needs to be answered by 8.cd5 I think. Don't take my word for it as I haven't checked it with my database yet. Too busy watching the world cup final :-)



We took a walk after the game and I blundered immediately by taking us to an empty take-away for Shoarma. Never eat somewhere if nobody else is. A few pics?


This is the windmill museum near central station. I have been meaning to visit it for years. Maybe this time?


Water views everywhere.


And bridges. When we got back some games were still going so Nina and I went to check them out.


The first eight boards can be viewed from the bar or if you can't make it to Holland on time you can view them online

I have finally made it to the live boards and am playing GM Csaba Horvath. Time to bring my a game :-)








No comments:

Post a Comment