Tuesday 17 May 2011

Capa Mem Round 6

Well folks, it's 2am and I should really be counting sheep but I just had to show you today's game. I have just come back from a comedy club, the Cocodrilo which is just around the corner where I and a lovely English Lady listened to Cuban humour. Rosanna was a Spanish teacher and I can speak a bit but both of us found it hard to follow the funny young man who spoke very quickly in a fairly strong Cuban accent. I understood 2 of the dozens of jokes but it was funny anyway.


Now to my game. My opponent was WGM Vigoa Apecheche, a very talented and very attractive young lady, one of the top 10 women in Cuba. She neglected two of the principle rules of chess, development and rapid castling and consequently got into trouble early but then defended quite tenaciously. After getting a completely dominating position I faffed  around a bit but finally put her away with a positional queen sac.



AFter the game I requested to keep my score-sheet for 15 minutes so I can enter my game and the arbiter kindly agreed. Now on +1 everything looks brighter. Finally I want to show you two pictures that I wanted to post yesterday but could not due to the lethargy of the connection.


Anybody know what this is?


No mistaking this beauty.

That's all for today folks, time to get some sleep as I have to be up before 10am or go without breakfast.
Hasta Manjana.


3 comments:

  1. A Studebaker Silver Hawk - not sure what year...signs of a mis-spent youth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh...google...a Studebaker Commander 1951 - not a Hawk model

    ReplyDelete