Sunday 3 July 2011

Ilja Zaragatski wins 14th Wine Open

Ilja played a solid tournament. Today he just needed a draw to finish alone on 7 points and his opponent Merijn Van Delft, last years winner was guaranteed a lot of bottles of Wine for the same result. I meanwhile had no such luxury because of my many previous draws and had to win to join the group on 6.5 so what else to do? The Hippo had to be let out again, this time with white (?!).Well it worked like a charm.



So I got to 6.5 points tied with my Naujac club-mates Dorian Rogozenko and Merijn Van Delft. I lost the buchholz lottery but won the weigh-in with a spectacular 90 bottles! As fourth I get a quarter of that. I managed to take some pictures from the stage-perspective.


Recognize anyone?


The winner Ilja trying to compensate for his stature with technique.


The Major having a go with some help from some friends.


But this all happened after the beach.  Beach Volleyball? I'll leave you with a picture of a spectator.


Keep tuned for more of the Medoc.



No comments:

Post a Comment