Friday 28 January 2011

Gibraltar Chess Congress 2011 Rounds 3 + 4

Here is the long-awaited Hippo :-) Actually the Opening went like a Dream and my young Opponent told me afterwards that he felt like resigning after 16...e5. I lost patience on move 22...f3 and let him back in. He then got serious counterplay and I consider myself lucky to have won the Game.



Today was ridiculous. I knew the position up to 14 b4 so actually only played two moves before resigning. I just couldn't see any way to avoid serious Material losses. If it had not been such a nice day outside I would have embarrassed myself a little longer but since I had not seen much Sunshine since arriving in Gibraltar I thought it best not to waste it. I'll just have to concentrate a bit more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment