Wednesday 12 January 2011

Marrakesh, first night.

"Where is your boarding pass?" asked the security guard. "The transfer desk ran out" I answered. He smiled, waved me through despite the protests of the metal detector and I was on my way from Casablanca to Marrakesh. In transit I bought a Coffee and Orange juice for a 2 euro coin. "How much?" was answered by "What have you got". Enough talk, here are a few pictures.
Despite arriving at 22.00 everything was relatively painless. I took a Taxi to the Center and checked into the first Hotel the driver recommended. It was right opposite the Jamaa el Fna so I went for a cup of very spicy mint Tea. 20 cents!
Next on the Menu was a bowl of Snails for 50 cents.
It was nearly midnight now but the markets were still bustling. After exploring for a while I felt a bit hungry again.

This looked a good a place as any. 
And now it was well past midnight, I was full, tired and happy.
The one thing missing was Wi-fi so this morning after breakfast I went to find a new Hotel. Also easy. So far my impression of Morocco is that everything is easy :-)  


 

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! Seems the snail vendor's sidekick didnt want his photo taken though :-)

    ReplyDelete